Hurricane Preparedness Levels
Basic procedures to address moderate level wind and high water conditions It involves mostly marina prep work such as:
- Securing loose items/materials that may become dislodged or airborne during moderate wind conditions.
- Removal/Relocation of items/materials/equipment above anticipated flood levels.
- Preliminary dock line check and doubling lines as requested.
- Emergency equipment is checked and fueled.
- Additional hurricane procedures reviewed and staff prepped for duties related to ongoing storm prep
At this point the storm has been identified as a severe threat to our area. This is a call to action level and involves the following:
- Storm prep procedures and safety procedures detailed again with staff.
- Activation of Hurricane Haul Out List; crews begin hauling & blocking those boats on the list.
- Additional removal and securing of marina equipment to locations safe from flooding.
- Securing of any last minute equipment, docks, amenities, etc. and additional dock check before onset of storm.
- Schedule of 24 hour storm coverage at both marina locations and inn.
During storm coverage and includes maintenance of all vessels, docks & equipment.
- Crews work round the clock monitoring all locations and vessels (on land & in water) during the duration of the storm and intervene as necessary to protect life and property where able.